October 28, 2010 Leave a comment
THE SEC WEEKLY RECAP
With only a few more weeks left into the regular season of the 2010 FBS season; the match-ups get a little bit more intense and the wins matter more, Auburn has their eyes on the prize and looks like nothing will stop them. Cam Newton probably wrapped up the Heisman Trophy barring any type of fall back the next couple of weeks; but really who is going to contain him? Green, Jones and Jeffery looking like the best WR’s in the conference with solid performances week in and week out. With Auburn currently ranked 1st on the BCS standings; question is can they maintain that rank to play in the BCS Title game? The only game I’m afraid of it if they fall into a trap game, they still have to face Alabama and that can be a huge game.
With that being said lets check out the action last week in the SEC as they’re some close games and a blowout or two.
OLE MISS – 24 @ (21) ARKANSAS – 38
- QB – JEREMIAH MASOLI (MISS) – 21/36 327YDS 3TDS 15CAR 98YDS
- WR – MARKEITH SUMMERS (MISS) – 3REC 104YDS 2TDS
- RB – KNILE DAVIS (ARK) – 22CAR 176YDS 3TDS
(6) LSU – 17 @ (5) AUBURN – 24
- WR – RUEBEN RANDLE (LSU) – 6REC 73YDS 1TD
- QB – CAM NEWTON (AUB) – 10/16 86YDS / 28CAR 217YDS 2TDS
(19) SOUTH CAROLINA – 21 @ VANDY – 7
- QB – STEPHEN GARCIA (SC) – 31/39 355YDS 2TDS 1INT
- RB – BRIAN MADDOX (SC) – 24CAR 146YDS 1TD
- WR – ALSHON JEFFERY (SC) – 9REC 158YDS 1TD
- WR – TORI GURLEY (SC) – 13REC 109YDS 1TD
(7) ALABAMA – 41 @ TENNESSEE – 10
- RB – TRENT RICHARDSON (ALA) – 12CAR 119YDS 1TD / 1REC 5YDS 1TD
- RB – MARK INGRAM (ALA) – 14CAR 88YDS 2TDS
- WR – JULIO JONES (ALA) – 12REC 221YDS
- RB – TAUREN POOLE (TENN) – 14CAR 117YDS 1TD
UAB – 24 @ (24) MISSISSPPI STATE – 29
- RB – LADARIUS PERKINS (MISS) – 18CAR 131YDS 1TD
GEORGIA – 44 @ KENTUCKY – 31
- RB – WASHAUN EALEY (GEO) – 28CAR 157YDS 5TDS
- WR – AJ GREEN (GEO) – 6REC 86YDS
- QB – MIKE HARTLINE (KEN) – 27/43 353YDS 4TDS 1INT
- WR – LA’ROD KING (KEN) – 3REC 88YDS 2TDS
- AUBURN 5-0 8-0
- ALABAMA 4-1 7-1
- LSU 4-1 7-1
- S. CAROLINA 3-2 5-2
- MISS STATE 2-2 6-2
- ARKANSAS 2-2 5-2
- GEORGIA 3-3 4-4
- FLORIDA 2-3 4-3
- KENTUCKY 1-4 4-4
- VANDY 1-3 2-5
- OLE MISS 1-3 3-4
- TENN 0-4 2-5
Notes – Auburn is currently 1st in the BCS Standings while Alabama is 7th and LSU 12th. QB Cam Newton currently has 1364yds passing, and 1077yds rushing with a total of 27 touchdowns; Heisman is his to lose.
Lets take a look at the upcoming games this weekend in the SEC.
TENNESSEE @ (17) SOUTH CAROLINA
I don’t expect this one to be close as I see QB Stephen Garcia continuing to have a stellar season putting up very impressive numbers. The Volunteers will remain winless in the SEC and Lattimore and Jeffery will put up numbers in this one.
SOUTH CAROLINA – 34 v. Tennessee – 13
GEORGIA @ FLORIDA
Can’t believe the Gators aren’t in the top 25, but I seen it coming when Tebow left. The question in this one is can the Gators defense stop Murray, Ealey and Green? The answer to that will be no, and the Bulldogs will go into Gatorville and give them their 4th straight loss and will have Meyers sweating, but I don’t think his job should be on the hot seat, hard to replace Tebow in College football. Florida will give it their best as they’re at home but the Bulldogs will prove too much firepower on offense.
GEORGIA – 41 @ FLORIDA – 24
(3) AUBURN @ MISSISSPPI
Can you say trap game? No I don’t think so, Cam Newton and company will handle their business as nobody has been able to contain Cam yet; so why would the Rebels? Auburn will keep rolling in this one as the past couple weeks has been close games; this one will turn into a blowout, early! Maybe Cam can throw for 200 and run for 200, or is that a given? The BCS title game is in their view; they know it.
AUBURN – 47 @ OLE MISS – 17
KENTUCKY @ (23) MISSISSIPPI STATE
Mississippi State keeps on rolling, after their victory over Florida a couple weeks ago they got into the top 25 and moved up one spot in each of the past 2 weeks. With the Wildcats putting up points the last few weeks and not winning; there due for a win and I think they’ll get it here.
KENTUCKY – 37 @ MISSISSIPPI STATE – 28
VANDY @ (19) ARKANSAS
The Razorbacks are going to be no contest for Vandy, Ryan Mallett should have a tremendous day and have no problem connecting with Childs.
ARKANSAS – 43 v. VANDY – 10
Written by Brandon “Bee” Salamat. Follow him on Twitter @TruGentleman808.